Store Home   Forum Home   Help & Contact Info   Bank & Payment Details   DIY Go Kart Plans

January 2014

January 2014

Postby cutpriceracing » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Would you like to receive our monthly newsletter automatically? Click here to sign up.

JANUARY
CPR KART-BEAT NEWS

Hi!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas and New Year holidays. We've certainly been very busy ensuring everyone hoping to get their items early enough to have a crack at installing them over their holidays. So thank you to all our fantastic customers for being patient with us during this festive season!

It's not every month you launch something big, but this month I've got something we think is REALLY EXCITING! Plus we have been consistently and continually adding to our ever-growing range of great new products.. Scroll down to check all the new products out.

..And we're announcing the winner of the last bare chassis for December so head over to our Facebook page (click the picture below) to see who won!

FREE
JANUARY 2014
GIVE-AWAYS! LOVE FREE STUFF.

If you’re building something crazy, our 9-keyway position axle kit with weld on brakets makes everything a breeze. AND score a FREE HYDRAULIC BRAKE Kit with yours this month! Hurry limited stock. And save $50 by getting your kart looking new for 2014 with our Old-School Kits - Our “old-school” bodywork kits transform your older-style kart with a crisp clean new white look. Complete with thumbscrews and brackets to suit senior and midget karts!

NEW
COMPLETE DIY RACING GO KART KITS

Our new range of CPR DIY Racing Go Kart Kits put you in the drivers seat for a fraction of the cost of other brand new racing go karts, but with maximum fun factor! Build it your way, by following our easy assembly guide. Enjoy the project fully and ensure you know exactly how to repair the kart in case of any mis-haps. There are several model options with or without engines depending on your intended use. In stock and ready to go right now! Delivered free of charge - of course!

NEW
STICKER KITS

Our new range of CPR Performance Bodywork Sticker Kits make you look smart for a fraction of the price elsewhere. Professionally designed and produced, these kits are the perfect way to freshen up your kart. Available in CPR Red/Magenta and CPR Blue, to suit CPR PSCC1 and PSCC2 bodywork as well as CRG NA2. They are also very easy to adapt to almost any other bodywork. Why not freshen up your kart today? At just $99 delivered?!

NEW

CPR PERFORMANCE BUILT ENGINES - IN STOCK!

Want the fastest engine at the track but without the fuss of building it yourself? WANT IT RIGHT NOW? Our CPR performance built engines are in stock and ready to go - in fact if you buy yours before 3pm today, it will go out on a courier today (assuming it's not a weekend or a public holiday).
you'll be winning races now, not in a few weeks!
Our Performance built engines have all the internal upgrades needed to ensure a strong reliable race motor, including billet con-rod, upgraded pistons, heavy duty valve springs, high lift and duration cam, re-worked genuine honda carbs and more. Plus you get all the external upgrades meaning you'll have an engine that looks trick, runs beautifully, and keeps you at the front time and time again.
Our engines have been designed to win Group 1 and 2 legally at Ipwsich in QLD but can be used wherever you like. You can view the full list of specs in engine product details page.
Click the picture above to view our range, and start winning races!
NEW
9 Keyway Ultimate Project Complete Axle
Kits

9 keyway position axle you'll be able to position any of the hubs wherever you like, and you can even cut the shaft down significantly without running out of positions! Our complete hub to hub 40mm axle assembly offers every little nut and bolt required to complete a drive axle assembly on your project. The weld on brackets supplied allow quick and easy fitment of the bearing hangers, making the whole process a breeze.
If you're building a ride on mower, bar stool racer, wake boarding winch, a non-standard kart, off road buggy or anything requiring a driven rear axle then this little kit will have you laughing because you can use the time we save you making your dream project look awesome... oh, and you can also buy our kit in 5 different anodised colours! Gold, Blue, Red, Black and Silver!
Click the link above to get yours today!
Oh, and did I tell you we're throwing in a free Hydraulic Brake system as well? Yeah maybe I did.
BUY an Ultimate Project Complete Axle
Kit & GET THIS FREE:

WIN!
A BARE CHASSIS BY SHARING US ON FACEBOOK!

WANT TO KNOW
WHEN NEW PRODUCTS ARRIVE?

Just 'like' our Facebook page and you'll see every new product update as it arrives. It's easy, just head across to our Facebook page and click 'Like this page' at the top of your screen. You can click the pictures above to view our page. Once you're done, you'll see Cut Price Racing product updates in your newsfeed! We won't spam your facebook account, because we only post when it's something important! If you don't have Facebook, don't worry, just sign up to our newsletters (scroll right down to the bottom of this email) and we'll try to keep you updated. Generally, our Facebook page is more accurate with stock because it's updated daily or weekly whereas our newsletter is compiled monthly.

FREE
NOVEM
BER GIVE-AWAYS! LOVE FREE STUFF.

Order over $50 in October and receive a free Digital Tyre Pressure gauge valued at $12.95! Get an Aluminium Flywheel for just $50 with any Upgraded Lifan 6.5hp (10+ hp) engine ENCLST1 valued at $159 - wow! That's a bargain! Avoid costly and potentially dangerous stock steel flywheel explosions for a tiny price. Buy one of our BRAND NEW ULTIMATE PROJECT Axle kits with 9 Keyway locations and everything you need to get any project up and running for just $429 and receive a free Hydraulic Brake Kit valued at $99! What a deal!

SHOP
WITH US ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE OR iPAD

There has been so much demand from you all to get our site fully mobile phone compatible, so we've listened to you again and just launched our new mobile store so it's even easier to buy from us no matter where you are! It works great on mobile phones and iPads or android tablets too! So if you're at the track and don't want to forget to buy something, why not put your order through on the mobile store right where you stand, next to your kart where you can see exactly what you need?

NEW
BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS

On 1 July 2013 our bank account details changed - if you're paying by
Imagebank transfer to ensure you use our new bank account details rather than the old ones. The correct bank details are listed on our invoices and in our store. To check them click the Westpac logo to the right.

WIN

$100 GIFT VOUCHERS AT ARCHERFIELD, QLD

If you're in Brisbane, looking for an inexpensive place to race, try Barry's facility out at Archerfield Speedway - it's a sealed Bitumen track with a low daily one off fee and no compulsory annual licensing fees! There's a $100 Cut Price Racing Store Credit Gift Voucher up for grabs every race meet until January 2014, so if you want to be in the running, click the picture of the track below to learn more about Archerfield Raceway.

NEW
CREDIT CARD FACILITIES

Once again you said you wanted credit card facilities, and we listened. We can now accept Visa and Mastercard on our website and over the phone. So if you've been putting of buying that part you need because we haven't had the convenient payment type you wanted, well now you can pay any way you like!

And we still accept PAYPAL and Bank Transfer for those who prefer those methods.

NEW
HIGH QUALITY WET RIMS SET Bearing or Bolt on fronts

Don't be fooled by our crazy low prices, the finish and build quality of these rims are absolutely first class. And we've got a set no matter your kart type. Senior or Midget, bolt on or bearing fronts. They're all the same price, and they're all the finest quality. You simply can't go wrong with these rims! Seniors are 180mm wide rear, 130mm wide front. Midget are 130mm wide rear, 130mm wide front. Click the picture above to view our full range.
NEW

PROJECT STUB & WHEEL KITS!

You can't go wrong with our range of project kits, complete with all necessary fabrication work for fast, easy, and simple connection and bolt-up of our components. Pictured above is our Complete Huffy Slider Conversion kit - and hopefully you'll be catching my drift - or yours!

And if you need something in the front, our Stub Axle (Spindle) Project kits will suit you perfectly! Click the link above to view our project 40mm rear axle kits, or click the link below to view our project spindle kits.

FAST

DISPATCH SPEED MEANS FASTER POSTAGE!

CLEAN UP

ON RACE DAY - CLEAN LIKE A BOSS!

NOVEMBE

R
CPR KART-BEAT NEWS

GUIDE - PROJECT GEARING SELECTION

GEARING UP

#35 Gearing Explained

INTRODUCTION - About this guide

You can also read this guide on our website by clicking here.

When customers choose #35 pitch gearing (which we highly recommend for projects due to the 2-piece split sprockets and removable link chains – see our chain guide for more information) I am often asked the question “What is the inside diameter of your split sprocket?” and “What is the outside diameter of an x tooth sprocket” so I’ve decided to write this informative but straight-forward guide focussed on explaining what needs to be done to fit our standard race kart sprockets and gearing your project.
Generally, when gearing your project, you have 3 problems to overcome.
Fitting the sprocket to your axle
Ensuring the overall sprocket size does not foul on the ground or chassis
Selecting a practical starting gear ratio
This guide will run you through the decision making process as well as provide technical details on the products so that you can decide if #35 race kart gearing is suitable for your project. I’ll run through these three sections quickly but informatively in the hope I don’t bore you, but that you have easy access to the information needed to get it right the first time.
PART 1 - Fitting the sprocket to your axle
Our #35 sprockets are a split sprocket which is ideal in situations where the sprocket is driven ‘inboard’ on the axle (ie: between the axle bearings). They are easy to remove and install making gearing a breeze to get correct, or to change out a worn sprocket.

You can find our full range here: http://www.cutpriceracing.com.au/store/home.php?cat=351

The centre bore size A is 116mm.

The PCD Diameter(B) is (6x) 132mm (centre of 6mm holes on opposite sides of sprocket)

All standard race-kart sprocket hubs will accept our sprockets. We can supply sprocket hubs to fit most metric shaft sizes – 25mm, 30mm, 35mm, 40mm.
You can find sprocket hubs to suit here (Click your axle size and keyway width to find your hub):

25mm/6mm, 30mm/6mm, 30mm/8mm, 35mm/6mm, 35mm/8mm, 40mm/8mm

The hubs will accept the sprocket perfectly. All you need to do is slide it onto your shaft. Select the correct size shaft version of the sprocket. If you have an imperial size shaft, we cannot offer a solution, but some people have successfully adapted the metric hubs to an imperial shaft.
PART 2 – Ensuring the overall sprocket size does not foul on the ground or chassis
Your new #35 sprocket will differ in sizing depending on the number of teeth you have chosen. Circumference will determine the number of teeth you will have. The reason the size differs is because the pitch of the chain determines the length required for one full link or tooth.

For those uninterested in the math, please skip this paragraph. #35 pitch is 9.525mm, so for every tooth, the circumference must be increased by 9.525mm. In addition, the height of each tooth is about 5mm so we need to add approximately 2.5mm extra from the centreline of each tooth (or approximately 5mm to the diameter) This means we have a formula #TEETH x 9.525mm = Pi x Diameter. Or we could write it as #teeth x 9.525mm divided by Pi = Diameter plus 5mm. Translating back to diameter, our smallest sprocket (53T) has a diameter of 53 x 9.525 / Pi (3.141592) = 166mm.

Your chain will sit around 3mm proud of the tip of each tooth, so you’ll need to add approximately 6mm to the diameter of the sprocket to get the correct clearance amount.

Here's a table of diameters:

And remember, we're here to help you get out there racing!

You can always be sure your items will leave the same day you order as long as you've made payment by 3pm that day. Sure, it's a big claim, but I know shopping online is all about getting it before the weekend race day, and that's why I'm absolutely dedicated to getting our gear out the same day you order. I believe so strongly that this is a critical component of our business that I've devoted the last two hours of the day to ensuring just that. Don't be surprised if I can't get to the phone during these times as we're probably flat out! Just leave me a message and I'll call you back asap.

I know if you've bought from us before, you've had a great experience. Nothing's changed with our focus - we still want to help the average Australian race, but we're expanding our range every day so I'd love for you to check out our latest website updates and see if we can help you again, today. Go on, visit our store at www.CutPriceRacing.com.au - I mean, surely you've got a couple of minutes for fun?

Cheers,

Paul Jones

Managing Director

Did you get this by mistake or do you want to unsubscribe? Just email us by clicking here.

E&OE. Offer ends 31/1/14 or if stock sold out. Prices subject to change without notice.
cutpriceracing
Site Admin

Return to Newsletters